Winter’s log, earthdate 201503.17

Well, this is a first! I’m writing last night’s blog this morning! Normally in the evenings, I finish up in here around 4 – 4.30pm, gather my bits and pieces, deposit them in the lounge room, and by 4.45 – 5.00pm, I’m on my way for my last Stair Walk of the day. When I get back, I go back to the lounge room, put my feet up, have a cup of coffee (if one’s in the offering, and it usually is! 🙂 ) and read, either until the ABC1 news service at 7.00pm, or, during the week, until 6.00pm when I usually watch The Antiques Roadshow – it’s often very interesting, and you can see some amazingly beautiful and curious objects. It’s also on ABC1, and worth a look-in if you’ve nothing better to do around 6.00pm during the week. We have dinner and watch what passes for news these days (most of which I wouldn’t bother to call newsworthy!) which brings us to 7.30pm. We record a lot of shows, especially if they’re on any channel that has ads, and watch them later, but we only sit in front of the TV until 9.30pm – then we’re off back down here to the Den, and our beloved computers. That’s when I usually write my blog. However last night I was chatting to a close friend who needed to talk, and I felt that they were a bit more important than a blog, so I left this until this morning.

Yesterday, I thought I’d have a whole day of Rifting, almost to myself, as Julian had to play Taxi driver for my favourite eldest daughter, who was going off to have that horrible stress test on the treadmill. I started Rifting, but… what with worrying about Lee and her stress test, and my silly wallpaper-desktop-thingy niggling at my brain, I just couldn’t settle in Rift. Instead, I went and worked on the desktop thingy, and it’s finally finished and up! I gave up on the green and cream with pink flowers theme, and found yet another Chrome theme – this one’s from Diablo III, which we’ve played (well, himself has played it – I sit and watch – it’s just a trifle too fast paced for me, with my inability to touch type!) In fact, we’ve played all the Diablo games, and they are very well done, and the music, by a guy called Matt Uelmen, is some of the most beautiful and poignant music I’ve ever heard – I’d play the game just to listen to the soundtrack (which you can buy, and which we’ve got) Anyway, this Chrome theme is based on Diablo III (from memory) and it’s basically a textured, yellow-brown, sandy, ancient parchment-y sort of colour, which I think I’ve managed to match quite successfully in my wallpaper background, and the decorations I’ve used are from an Art Deco font I have, called Augsburger Ornamente Regular (no, I don’t know how to pronounce it!) It all looked quite good, I’d even worked out the text colours, so I saved the file (as a .jpg image) and put it into the HTML file. When I had a look at on screen, it looked terrible! Everything looked far, far too big, the graphics, the title… awful! The trouble is, I couldn’t switch back to the old one until I’d fixed all these “anomalies” – I’d been in a bit of a hurry to get everything finished, you see, and I thought that I’d copied and renamed the original to “old_name of file.htm”, but I hadn’t copied it first. I’d only renamed the ruddy thing – easy enough to rename it back again, but I’d changed it and saved it, so there was no going back from there – well, Julian could have restored the original from the nightly backup, but quite frankly, it wasn’t worth the effort. My mistake, my responsibility to fix it. It wasn’t hard to re-work the graphics and text – just time-consuming. I’d made the mistake in the first place because I’d hurried things – karma caught up with me and made me spend the saved time fixing the problem – divine retribution! 😉 All fixed now, and looking quite nice… but I tell you what, I’d better not change my mind about that Chrome theme in a hurry! 😉

In the meantime, my favourite eldest daughter had finished her stress test on the treadmill, and although so breathless that she could hardly stand, and trying to cough her lungs out as well, the Cardiologist pronounced her heart present… no, he said there was absolutely nothing wrong with her heart, it’s fine, and very healthy, and that he doesn’t have to see her again – which is absolutely wonderful news! So the two episodes where she went to hospital with chest pains weren’t heart attacks, or anything else to do with her heart, and probably more stress related… But she still has to lose weight!

Weigh-in yesterday morning. I went down another two points to 99.2kg… which was good! Ahhh… if only I could do that every day! Dieting would be so much more fun if you could go down two – or even one – point every day! But alas, that’s not how it works, more’s the pity! I was pretty sure I’d go up this morning, or stay the same… (Sorry, but you’ll have to wait for tonight’s blog to find out if I did or not! 😉 )

So, here it is, this morning, and I’ve almost finished last night’s blog 🙂 I didn’t even check my Auctions or Minions last night, so I’ll have plenty to keep me busy today, and lots to tell you all tonight! I have to do my nails at some stage today – this lovely red is starting to look decidedly ragged around the edges. I thought I’d use the kingfisher-peacock blue Inglot nail polish this time – it should go nicely with both pairs of new slacks (with pockets!) Size 20… I still can’t believe it… I’ve lost 35kg since August 2014 – which is quite good, but I still have another 24kg to go… *sigh* the light at the end of the tunnel just receded a few kilometers…  I will get there though – it’ll just take me a few more months, that’s all 🙂 The “Plan A” present was tracked at having left Sydney on Monday – so maybe it’ll arrive today – that would be exciting! I’ll let you know tonight – whatever, it’ll be a very well-traveled present by the time it gets here – from Arizona to Toronto, back to Arizona, then to some other place in the USA, on to Sydney Australia, and now, hopefully, on to Doncaster Melbourne! It will have been “en route” for over a month! I’m dying to find out what it is, and I’ll bet all of you are, too – but don’t worry, I’ll let you all know as soon as it arrives 🙂 Anyway, that’s about all that happened yesterday, but as I said, there’s heaps to do today and I shall tell you all about it tonight! So until then, bee good, don’t forget to pat the cat, and above all… stay safe! 🙂 ciao, all! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s