Winter’s log, earthdate 201607.13

04.37 pm

(Winter, looking at the date in the title, mutters crossly to herself…) “Well, at least it’s not a Friday – though it might as well have been!” Honestly, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong this morning! Our doctor’s appointment was for 10.00 am – so I didn’t have time for my walk – not even for a shortened version! I hate having to rush breakfast, and have vowed never to rush another breakfast – besides, even if I’d had a shortened walk, and rushed my breakfast, and hastily scrambled into the car in my pyjamas, I still would have been out of time! Then, while I was eating my breakfast – quicker than I normally would have – I tried to log onto WoW to check my Auctions and such. Nah! I couldn’t connect! Thinking I’d give it a little time to sort itself out, I remembered that I’d received an email from Optifast last night, telling me that they’d changed their system and website, and would I please go and log in, click on the “I’ve forgotten my password” button, change my password (because of their new security arrangements, everyone has to log in and change their password!) I’d done that part the night before (i.e. last night) so I was expecting an email from them this morning telling me where I had to go to chance my password. Yes! The email was there! I clicked on the link, and tried to change my password. It took me several goes, because every password I tried to use was apparently not “Strong” enough! So I tried this, and I tried that, and eventually I found one that was – hallelujah! – “Strong” enough! Unfortunately, by this time I was so mad at them and their pernickety new system that I’d forgotten what I’d put down, and after so many “Not Strong Enough’s”, I hadn’t bothered to jot this particular one down in my notebook, first!! Back to the drawing board! By now I was starting to sweat on the time! I tried again – this time using a word I’d already used before, but which had turned out to be not “Strong” enough (why does no-one ever warn you that some wretched systems insist on a “Strong” password, which always turns out to be something that you’re not likely to remember easily!) but to which I added a couple of numerals, and a punctuation mark or two – which was what they’d wanted, only umm… I didn’t… ahh… read the fine print! 😳 This time I did write it down, and I did manage to change my ruddy password – I even got an email to that effect! So, just to test it out, I tried to log in… Now, we use a “password manager”, which usually does a very fine job of getting our passwords right for us – only this time, it insisted on using my old password, even though I’d already entered the new one in for this “password manager”! I couldn’t log in! I tried three times, ran out of time to get ready, and gave the whole thing away as a totally bad joke. I still couldn’t log into WoW, either!

Totally disgruntled, I repaired to the bathroom to get myself ready to go forth to see the lovely Doctor B. – only there’s no clock, or any other timepiece in the bathroom, so I had no idea how long I had left – therefore I rushed, and, as one usually does when one is blindly rushing about like a chook with its head chopped off, I managed to break a nail, which I then had to stop what I was doing to file it down, to prevent it from catching in everything I touched. Luckily I had a little more time than I thought I’d had, and we did leave on time, after all!

Doctor B. has given Julian a Referral for an X-ray and an Ultrasound of his foot and ankle, and she’s got me on Telfast 180mg and Otrivin to try and dry up my eustachian tubes, which she thinks may be causing my blocked ear. Those two medications aren’t on prescription, they’re over-the-counter “Pharmacy Medicine”, and are really more for Hay Fever and colds, but they should help to dry my nose and eustachian tubes out a little faster than they’re not doing on their own! It’s strange, you know, because I’ve had blocked eustachian tubes lots of times, but it’s always made me feel giddy if I move my head too quickly! Oh well, maybe these are different eustachian tubes or something, and hopefully my ear will be all unblocked by tomorrow morning! 😎  We called in at Vermont South on the way home, and I got some “Eve” apples, some more Corella pears, and some more “kiwi-fruit-brown” skinned Nashi pears, which should keep me going for a few more days 😉 We also went into the big Pet Barn next to Aldi’s to see if we could spot the little chartreuse goldfish that we’d seen there, as we want to get one next week – but they were all gone! 😦 We did see two very nice deep orange goldfish – one big one, one much smaller one – which as I said, were a deep rich orange – but their top fin, and the tips of their tails, were black! They looked very smart indeed, and if we can’t get one of our little chartreuse goldfish, we might get one of those instead. Anyway, at least we’ve found out what the little chartreuse goldfish are called! They’re called “Golden Comet’s“, and they come in varying shades of a pale lemony-green! Julian’s going to look around at a few other Aquariums and Pet Barn-type places, to see if anyone else has them! I hope we can get one – I might call him (or her) “Lemony Snicket”! 😉

Our friend Steve SMS’d us this morning, wanting to know if we were going to be home this afternoon because he was going to be in Springvale this morning, and thought he might pop in this afternoon, which he did! 🙂 It was good to catch up again – I’ve told him to bring Beth down one weekend for lunch, and if they can get a babysitter for the kids, that’d be even betterer! 🙂 Hopefully we might see them soon… I’ve also been working a bit more on my new Blog project, and it seems to be coming along quite nicely! So far, I’ve “blocked out” the “chapters”, or sections, and I’m working on a sort-of “template page”, that I can use over and over for the individual pieces of writing, because it seems that I can “insert” a table into these blog pages – if I create it in Word first, then “copy and paste” it into the blog, although I’m not too sure how well they’ll work in the long-term. Time, I guess, will tell! 🙂

And now it’s time to get on to the good bits!

Food stuff. Last night we had chicken breast, pressed into a fairly spicy dukkah – Julian gave me a tiny taste of it on the end of a teaspoon, and it was very, very spicy indeed! Anyway, he pan-fried the chicken-pressed-in-fiery-dukkah, and it was wonderful! It was still quite spicy, but the cooking process seemed to have moderated the fiery-ness a bit, and it was really yummy! We had the chicken with chips, steamed green beans, and our usual half a tomato, and for dessert I had a “kiwi-skin-brown” Nashi Pear, which as usual was lovely and crisp and crunchy! I also had a small bowl of my very favourite Coles-brand, very low-calorie, delicious Rice Pudding. Lunch today was a wrap, with basil-pesto hummus as a butter substitute, ham, red and yellow peppers cut into batons, and Halloumi cheese – delicious, and for once I managed to eat it all without dropping ¾ of it on either myself or the floor! Tonight for dinner we’re having a very small roast pork, but I have no idea what we’re having with it, so you’ll all just have to wait until tomorrow to find out all about it! For dessert, tonight I’ll have one of these new-fangled “Eve” apples (I mean, who could resist an “Eve” apple, eh? Even Adam couldn’t! 😉 ) and my usual favourite, a small bowl of scrumptious Coles-brand, very low-calorie Rice Pudding.

Weigh-in this morning. Wasn’t good at all! 😦 I went from 64.4 kg to 64.6 kg – up two whole points! :/ Well, I had quite a “slimming” sort of lunch today, so hopefully I might start going down again tomorrow… Cross your fingers for me, please! :/

And that brings me full circle to tomorrow! Poor old Flipper has to go off early to have her six-monthly check-up and her injection of “anti-arthritis” medication. She’s really getting very stiff at the moment, but although she hates going to the Vet – and hates us for taking her there – she is nearly 100% better after having had the injection! You’d think she would have cottoned on by now that “horrible visit to the Vet = not feeling stiff and sore all the time” – but she’s an old cat, and I guess she never really was much of a “thinking” cat, like Boo or Artie… and actually that’s about “it” again from me for this evening! Do call in again tomorrow night to find out if my weight did start to go down again, or if it’s flooded over the 65 kg mark, how little Flipper went at the Vet’s, and whether I’ve got my connection to WoW back again yet! Apparently it was a Tel$tra issue! However until tomorrow night, do please try to bee good, don’t forget that what worries you masters you, and remember to look after yourselves, to always drive carefully, and to keep warm and dry is this antarctic-type weather… but most importantly, please don’t forget to stay safe! 🙂 ciao, all! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s