Winter’s log, earthdate 201605.17

02.05 pm

Normally today I’d be out in the lounge room, watching episodes of the various TV shows that I and my very favourite eldest daughter like to watch – but not today, because she was over last night to have her hair cut, and she’s got uni tomorrow – so she’s coming over on Friday instead (in fact we may make the Friday visitation a permanent thing – however at time of writing, that’s still undecided) Actually, yesterday was quite a memorable day for me – my Doctor took me off my blood pressure medication altogether! Lord knows, I’ve been taking it for years – but now I’ve lost so much weight (over 70kg!) that the original dosage was actually making my blood pressure too low – so we halved it for two weeks, to see if I even needed it at all. Well, I’ve not suffered any ill effects over the last two weeks, and that half dosage I’ve been taking is so negligible that the Doctor said I might as well not be taking any (my blood pressure is almost text-book perfect now, by the way!) so we’ve decided to see how I go without any blood pressure medication for two weeks, and make a final decision then. Of course, I’m still on the beta-blocker (which regulates the speed at which one’s heart contracts to pump – or something along those lines, anyway) so as you can imagine – I’m pretty pleased! 🙂 After that we went up to The Glen to do a bit of shopping – I wanted to look around for a new jewellery box, because now that I’ve got all my good stuff back from being re-sized and professionally cleaned I had nowhere to put everything (yeah, well I did, really – I do have quite a nice mirrored jewellery box, but it’s too “lumpy” for the bathroom vanity unit – I needed something a little smaller, and more “sleek”… “elegant”…) We had lunch at The Shingle Inn there, and I found a nice jewellery box up near David Jones. We also bought a few more fish “toys” for Auric and Dapple at the Pet Shop, and I darted into Priceline to get some more makeup wipes… Anyhoo, by the time we got home, it was quite late, and I was expecting my favourite eldest daughter so I pretty much “dithered” for an hour…

Today’s been an interesting day too! 🙂 This morning Julian took poor old Flipper up to have her next anti-arthritis injection of cartrophen, and as usual, one glimpse of the cat cage and she had her usual “fit of the vapours”, and wailed most piteously! (she only does that to make us feel guilty, I’m sure! And she’s really got it down to a fine art, because it always works!) she’s supposed to have these injections about every six to seven weeks, but we almost always have to take her back to get her next dose a week or so early, as she gets terribly stiff and sore, and it’s awfully hard to see her hobbling along, and having to meow to be picked up so we can put her on the bed with us… Oh! and we lost the internet this morning too – Tel$tra were doing some sort of general maintenance in the area, so we were off-line for about an hour and a half, while they did whatever it was that they had to do. I think the big-wigs at Tel$tra must be feeling ill or something, because we actually got fair warning about the interruption to services via SMS and email! Julian read a book, while I puttered around with the new blog background, and did some work on the new header you see above you (because you don’t need to be online to use Photoshop – though you do need to be online to upload them when they’re finished! 😉 )

Then we decided to move Auric and Dapple into their new Fish House! I was quite worried about them – we’d set up their new abode yesterday, with plants, a nice big rock, gravel – well, you all saw the photo! Ackshally, it looks a bit different now – there are more plants, another aerator (the black one’s just a filter) and lights – it’s all very pretty! I must get Julian to take some more photos – now that Auric and Dapple are in the tank, too! 🙂 So while I sat and cowered in a corner, wringing my hands with worry for my little fishies, one by one, Julian scooped them up into the net, and carried them the five paces across the room to their now home! I can tell you, those little fishies were not well pleased with the exercise! Dapple adapted more quickly than Auric, who sort-of swam listlessly around the very top of the tank, with his top fin poking out of the water most of the time. Since then, Julian’s made a few adjustments to the filter stream, so that there’s not as much turbulence in the water – and they do seem to be a lot more relaxed now (I think you were right, Josh – there was too much movement in the water for them to be able to relax – but they can now, though 🙂 ) Of course, I’m jumping up to go and look in on them every ten or fifteen minutes – fond mother that I am – the trouble is, they know me now, and every time they see me coming towards them, they rush over to the top of the front of the tank – probably expecting me to feed them – but we’ve been told (by the guy in the aquarium) that we shouldn’t feed them until tomorrow night…

So it’s been an exciting couple of days for us all! I have my next Warfarin blood test tomorrow morning :/ and this time I’ll be able to march in bearing my (totally unheard of before last Wednesday!) “Referral”, and with my correct green forms – which arrived yesterday! 🙂 but apart from that, I have no idea yet as to what’s happening tomorrow!

And now to the important and interesting bits…

Food stuffz: yesterday for lunch at The Shingle Inn I had my usual BLT on sourdough bread, which, as usual, was very nice. They must have a new kitchen hand or something, because I noticed that this time the BLT wasn’t drowning in mayo! The bit of salad on the side had dressing on it, too :/ Oh well… Julian had a Caesar Salad (I think?) and for “dessert”, he’d ordered some sort of Vanilla slice thingy for himself, and two small Eclair thingies for me! I was more than a little taken aback that I had two of them (well, they were fairly small, and his was gi-normous!) but he reckoned that (a) they were quite small, and (b) neither of them would have been particularly high in calories. Needless to say, I ate one and a half of them – and he ate the remaining half. He had a cappuccino, and I had a long black with a small jug of skinny milk. Last night we had pan-fried chicken breast, with chips, home-grown green beans, and half a tomato, and for dessert I had one of my Corella pears, and one of my Mother’s Day cookies that Kate made for me.

Today I had a most delicious wrap for lunch, with that yummy basil-pesto hummus instead of butter, red capsicum batons, Halloumi cheese, and ham (“and a bit of pepper”, Julian says!) He wrapped them up slightly differently today, and for once, I was able to eat the whole thing without wearing half of it! Much more betterer! 🙂 I think he should wrap them like that all the time! Tonight I believe we’re having steak – possibly King Island, or maybe it’s the Three Island variety – but I know it’ll be extra nice! We’ll probably be having it with chips, but I’d much rather have mashed potato for a change, with – possibly our last for the season *cry* – meal with our very own home-grown green beans – and of course, the ubiquitous half a tomato! I’ll most likely reprise my dessert of last night, with a Corella pear, and one of my special, Mother’s Day cookies (ohhh… they are so very, very delicious!)

Weigh-in yesterday morning. Well, despite feeling quite apprehensive, after my Mother’s Day luncheon on Sunday, I was very pleasantly surprised when I clambered up onto the scales yesterday morning! For the third day in a row, I weighed in at 63.8kg – I’d managed – miraculously somehow, to stay the same! I was chuffed, and I was also fully expecting to go up the next day – today! After all, it was quite a big lunch on Sunday, with lots of carbs, and lots of fats…

Weigh-in today… so imagine my complete and utter astonishment this morning when I slowly and reluctantly stepped up onto the “Podium of Judgement” – and found that I’d gone down four points! After that big lunch on Sunday, and my BLT and two Éclairs (well, alright, one and a half Éclairs!) yesterday – not to mention the Mother’s Day cookies – and I went from 63.8kg to 63.4kg! I’m not complaining! I’m not complaining! I’m just stunned, is all! I wish I could pull that stunt more often! 🙂 However, I’m sure to go up tomorrow!

And that brings me to tomorrow – and as I said earlier – apart from my Warfarin blood test, I have no idea what’s happening! I’ll probably WoW a bit – I’m still trying to get Sylvänas up to level 98 – I fear I wasted a lot of time this morning taking her fishing, but tomorrow it’s all systems go – the game will be afoot – though I don’t know what I’m going to do when I do get her to level 100! Julian said to transfer one of my higher level characters across to Quel’Dorei and take them up to level 100 – hmm… tempting idea – I’ll have to think on it…  And that, gentle readers, is about it from me for this evening! Please feel free to call in again tomorrow night to find out what’s been going on chez nous – find out what my weight’s up to (or down to, though I strongly doubt that it’ll be down!) what level Sylvänas is up to, and all the latest on my Warfarin levels… Until then though, please try really hard to bee good, remember that when you’re saving for old age, be sure to put away a few pleasant thoughts – and don’t forget to always drive carefully, to look after yourselves, and to keep warm and dry in Melbourne’s weird weather… but most importantly, please don’t forget to stay safe! 🙂 ciao, all! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s